NoF basic OpenSource list
We've created an extensive list of free options to help you reach your goals. Filled with helpful tips on using what is available to you to get the job done on-time and under-budget in areas where resources are scarce and needs are many. A little creative thinking and a versatile set of inexpensive tools can go a long way.
All of the images for Raspberry Pi are located on our ftp site at
- ftp://nerdoffortune.com username: email@example.com password: ruletheworld
Images available are: ipfire, pibang, pwnpi, raspbx, and screenlyOSE. We encourage you to visit the developer's sites as well:
- http://www.ipfire.org/ - IPFire OpenSource Firewall Distribution
- http://pibanglinux.org - PiBang Linux, inspired by Crunchbang
- http://www.pwnpi.com/ - PwnPi Pen test Drop Box Distro
- http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/ - RasPBX Asterisk Distro
Also, there is a zip file for the basic NOOBS package that you can get from http://www.raspberrypi.org/
Here is a link describing how to install these images to an SD card, please note that putting NOOBS on an SD card is a different process than installing an .img file: http://elinux.org/RPi_Easy_SD_Card_Setup
- http://www.downloadcrew.com/devd — Devd is an open source http server for 64-bit Windows, OS X and Linux
- http://www.downloadcrew.com/wireshark — Wireshark provides detailed information about network traffic and usage
- http://www.aircrack-ng.org/ - Aircrack-ng is a network software suite consisting of a detector, packet sniffer, WEP and WPA/WPA2-PSK cracker and analysis tool for 802.11 wireless LANs.
- http://www.libreoffice.org/ — OpenSource Office Suite (compatible with MS Office)
- https://www.openoffice.org/ — OpenSource Office Suite (compatible with MS Office)
- https://www.neooffice.org/ — MacOSX free version available
- https://drive.google.com/ — Cloud based document storage
- https://docs.google.com/ — Cloud based document creation suite
- http://www.linux.com/directory/Distributions — List of Linux variants
- http://distrowatch.com/ — Linux distributions reviews, news, etc.
- http://freecadweb.org/ - OpenSource CAD modeler
- http://www.sketchup.com/ - 3D modeling/design software (free version available)
- http://www.qcad.org/en/ - 2D CAD for Windows, Linux, and Mac
- http://www.radionomy.com/en - Free web radio broadcasting
- https://obsproject.com/ - OpenSource Broadcasting project
- http://serviio.org/ - Free media server
- https://plex.tv/ - Free media server
- http://digwebinterface.com - Extensive web interface to dig for doing online dns / nameserver query.
- https://www.pkicloud.com/ - See how your CA responds to OCSP requests for your web site's SSL certificate.
- https://www.sslshopper.com - This SSL Checker will help you diagnose problems with your SSL certificate installation
- https://gtmetrix.com/ - GTmetrix gives you insight on how well your site loads and provides actionable recommendations on how to optimize it.
- https://www.guru99.com/python-tutorials.html - Python Tutorial for Beginners
- http://docs.python-guide.org - The Hitchhiker's Guide to Python
- https://www.codecademy.com/ - Let us set you up for success with one of Codecademy Pro's learning paths
- http://www.w3schools.com/ - W3Schools is optimized for learning, testing, and training.
- https://code.org/learn/ - Try a one-hour tutorial designed for all ages in over 45 languages.
- https://www.roblox.com/ - ROBLOX is creating the ultimate virtual universe where imagination rules. We call it the Imagination Platform™. Every month, over 30 million virtual explorers come to ROBLOX to create adventures, play games, role play and learn with their friends.